|Not a hotel, but ‘a dream home for the day’, Silchester House near Reading is one of four magnificent wedding venues privately owned by Bijou in the UK which delivers total exclusivity for 24 hours. This unique, private atmosphere promises the perfect day for all wedding couples and is supported by Bijou’s exceptional wedding management, 5 star+ banqueting, discreet service and luxurious accommodation.
Holding a rare license for civil ceremonies inside or out, Bijou’s Silchester House also boasts a beautiful and traditional English marquee in the spring and summer months so the complete outdoor wedding experience can be enjoyed from canapés to carriages.
Silchester House epitomises Victorian grandeur. Surrounded by stunning parkland grounds which house Thomas Hartley’s famous Silchester Clock, this grand Grade II Victorian country house dates back to the 17th century and is perfect for a wedding any time of the year. With the choice of either the Music Room or marquee for banquets with 40-180 guests, four elegant reception rooms and 14 beautifully appointed bedroom suites; Silchester House is the perfect party house whatever the weather. This magical venue also boasts an indoor pool, croquet lawn, spa and mini-gym along with an outdoor tennis court.
Silchester House - elegant exclusivity
• Grand Grade II Victorian country house situated in beautiful parkland gardens
• Beautiful marquee on the lawn for breathtaking outdoor banqueting
• Holds a rare licence for ceremonies inside and out
• Oak ceremony room with seating capacity for 120 guests
• Choice of music room or marquee for wedding banquets - superb for smaller weddings or up to 180 guests
• Four reception rooms and fourteen luxury bedrooms- a perfect party house
• An exclusive dream home for 24 hours
• Every detail delivered by specialists
• Sublime 5 star+ banqueting
• Discreet professional service
• Luxury suites & glorious surroundings
• Elegant exclusivity – Bijou Weddings
Bijou owns and manages four historic venues 30-90 minutes from London and one in France that can be exclusively yours for 24 hours. Combining historic splendour with the latest in 21st century style, every distinctive property delivers the ultimate ’at home’ wedding experience. Sublime 5 star banqueting, discreet professional service and luxury accommodation - all brought together in glorious surroundings under the Bijou team’s impeccable management.